8/22/11

School CAN be fun!

Today I started working with Britton on some simple skills for preschoolers. 

First, I made a "name game" for him.  I simply wrote his name on two index cards.  One card was the "game board".  The other card, I cut each letter apart.  I gave him instructions to match each letter up.  We went over each letter several times!  He did great!

He is so proud! :)

Then we worked on Writing B's and R's.  He really can't decided which hand he likes the best.  I did notice that his left hand seems to have more strength in it.  We will see!
A righty?
 Or a lefty?

Next,  we talked about circles.  He knows all his shapes, so at this point I more talked about the word "circle".  I also had him trace some circles. I added this word as one of his two sight words.  He now knows two words.  Britton and circle. 

The last thing we worked on today was cutting.  I showed him how to hold them correctly.  All I did for this skill was to draw lines on index cards and have him practice cutting them.
Notice the tongue. Hahaha! Just like
 me when I am concentrating!

2 comments:

  1. Check out http://www.letteroftheweek.com/
    Early Childhood Resources for Home. I have been using some of this with Addie. It is not completely amazing but it is free and has some great ideas. Even for Kade.
    Stephanie (McGhin) Smith

    ReplyDelete